Sunday, March 8, 2009

A story so good it deserves its own post

A few weeks ago, something really special happened. As a prequel to this story, I must also remind you of another story I’ve told. At least I think most of you know about it. I’ve just recently listened to one of Bednar’s talks and he talked about how quickly his wife was at responding to the spirit. He said that she always helped others out and they always asked him “how does she know?” I decided that I want to be that person who answers prayers, who helps other people. That is what I want to do with my life. My number one goal.
SO… For my sorority, we do a 24 hour golden fast and we’re supposed to fast for one of the four ideals (sisterhood service scholarship… I can never remember the last). I chose to fast for sisterhood since well… I don’t think I’m very good at that considering I have like 3 girl friends… the rest are dudes. any ways I wanted to improve my relations with my girls around me and be able to answer their prayers, help them out, and most importantly bring them closer to Heavenly Father. (cuz you can’t bring someone closer to God without getting closer to God yourself right? :D) When I fast, I like to go from noon to noon just because that’s the easiest way for me to do it. I decided to start my fast at the institute and end it at the institute because I’m write around there at noon everyday… just what I thought was a random decision. I went in to start my fast and had one of their delectable soup bowls number one because it would fill me up really well and number two because they’re amazing. I ate one of those, randomly decided to play basketball for a while, then I finally decided to go sit at the trax station and wait for my chariot trax to take me to my palace (NOT!) On my way out, I noticed one of the girls in the presidency of Lamda Delta Sigma, Jessi, sitting down. I went over and talked to her and just told her that I look up to her and think she’s amazing and beautiful and she’s a light to everyone at the institute, everyone around her, and myself. This is something I say to a lot of girls and never thought much of it. Not about what I was saying but I never thought it made that big of impact on their life (and no worries I don’t say it to a lot of people to make them feel good, I say it to a lot of people to show my appreciation and gratitude for how many amazing people I’m associated with, I would never tell that to someone if I didn’t believe it) anyways as soon as I said that she sort of looked up and began crying. She told me I was an answer to prayers with tears in her eyes. Since then, I’ve become her friend ( I didn’t know her at all before) and I still don’t know what her prayer was but it was amazing that TWO minutes after I started my fast for sisterhood, my prayers were already answered by me being an answer and strengthening my relationship with the wonderful women around me. I’m so grateful that I had this experience! Afterward, I just wanted to jump on the trax and yell to everyone “THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATER DAY SAINTS IS TRUE!!! I KNOW IT I KNOW IT I KNOW IT!” but you can’t really go about it that way… so I didn’t. But I have shared the story with some people and I hope it’s helped them to know that God loves every one of us!

so basically that was amazing... and this has nothing to do with it. but i like it.
My cousin in law sent me a quote the other day and I want to share it with you all. It’s
“Dance with God and he’ll let the perfect man cut in”
I love this so much and it’s totally the way I’m living my life right now!
I'll be honest I'm kind of avoiding the whole boy thing right now... they scare me. long story why which I may tell one day. but I think I just won't worry about it and if the perfect man comes along, he will!

Oh ya! one last thing! tonight I got to announce John Bytheway for the fireside... read his bio and such. it was awesome. he is my favorite for sure! I love how he 1 can be funny and keep the spirit and 2 breaks down gospel principals in easy to understand bites!

I love you all!

2 comments:

Katie Robertson said...

I love things like that. I'm sure they happen to me all the time and I just don't notice them. I should really work on actually caring about why I'm fasting. I always just kind of do it because we're supposed to, and that makes it so much harder because then I just feel like I'm being put out. You're an awesome example, so way to be! :D Haha, love your face!! And it's ok, we can be anti-boy together! PS-Bythway was amazing! Since I had never heard him speak before but I have heard everybody talk ABOUT him, I was a little worried that I was going in with my expectations way too high, but he totally met all of them! I loved the fact that he actually taught specific things and pointed out details with the spirit rather than just trying to make us all cry, hahaha. And he's freaking hilarious. That's always a plus. :D

BonnieKaye said...

Remember me? Taylor's sister-in-law. I found your blog and had fun perusing it. You are definitely on the right path in life. Good luck in all you do!