Sunday, March 10, 2013

Visiting Different Wards!

Oh the joys of traveling!

One of my favorite things about traveling is going to church!

I love to see how different each congregation is, but how completely unified the ward is with the rest of the Church.

For Spring break I am in Florida and LOVING the sun! Many people skip church when they're on vacation, but it was very easy to find a church with the help of LDS.org. We went and immediately fell in love with the ward! A Spanish ward had just been dissolved and now the Spanish ward and the English ward had to make things work. For sacrament, there were translators and headphones, but for Sunday School and Relief Society/Priesthood, the teacher would teach and then others would translate. The Spirit was SO STRONG as we were all trying to understand each other. They were really trying to make it work.

It just makes me think about the early Saints. As they traveled across many seas and across the plains to Salt Lake, there were MANY languages spoken, but they made it work.

The Spirit is a language of it's own. There are no barriers when the ultimate goal is to get closer to God.

I also met these lovely sisters, Sister Allen from Thatcher, Ariona and Sister Stein from Fort Collins, Colorado.
"of course I knew where you were... Every time you're late, you're talking to the Missionaries" -my daddy

No comments: