Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Daddy



If my dad isn't the best man I've ever known, he's definitely very high up there. He is kind, loving, driven, and supports me and any of the crazy dreams that I have. He almost never asks and almost always gives in whatever way he can to whatever I ask. He will drop anything if I need him. He came to almost all of my performances and competitions. He was and is always there for me, even if its just to chat. I never realized how lucky I was until like this year when I realized usually it's people mom's that do that kind of stuff and sometimes they don't even get that much! (not that my mom isn't ridiculously supportive- she is... just saying usually people only get their moms to come to stuff:D)I really am the luckiest girl in the world.

And I realized something today... I certainly don't talk to him enough. It's not like we have a bad relationship at all, we love each other dearly... But today I started talking about Rachel Scott (a HUGE part of my platform for miss murray) and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Some daughters could choose to be offended that their dad didn't know what was going on in my life. But not me. It's my own dang fault and from this day forward I'm going to be much better in not only keeping in contact with my daddy, but with the rest of my family too. My brothers, sister, in laws, and cousins. These people are the ones who really will be with me forever and I need to keep them more involved in my life.

I love my family. I am so incredibly blessed :D

1 comment:

M said...

i love your family too! we truly are so lucky! love you sis!