Friday, January 8, 2010

To Just "Hang Out"

So... there's been a bit of a bad wrap on "hanging out" around here. Many say we should be going on dates and what not... and I must say, I'm not really ready to go on tons of dates. I just want to hang out!

Every boy I meet now hangs out with me for one reason:to date. It's like I can't have guy friends anymore. I know it's been said that guys don't just have friends, but seriously, it's amazing to just hang out with the guys!

I've met some people recently that want to get married and dating is just a way to find that person. I date to have fun. I date to make friends. Then, when I find that one person I can't live without, I will marry him. I know not many people are like me, that's why I've learned to "just say no" because I'm not ready to be in a relationship, and we all know I'm just gonna hurt anyone who really wants to date me.

Tonight I hung out with 2 of my best guy friends- Chase and Mike. We went to Cynthia's party and then the Phi party (side note because this is gonna be turning into my journal, I have to write about it... At both parties everyone thought we were crazy! at Cynthia's we were all dancing and havin fun. And at the Phi party, we started playing body volleyball with a beach ball.. ohmigosh it was SOOOO funny! "HT!" ahhhh I love those boys. I always have so much fun with them!) It was amazing. We had so much fun just enjoying each others' company. No one had to worry about impressing anyone else. We could just let loose and be ourselves! Haha and everyone around us thought we were CRAZY!

I wish I could have more guy FRIENDS like that... I know I probably won't because that's just not the way we're raised or trained... but it certainly was nice.

3 comments:

Michael Scott Sandberg said...

amen to that stacey. that was so much fun. cant wait for tomorrow haha! Friends with friends. and POPCORN!! woohoo!

Katie Robertson said...

Ummm.....body volleyball?

Stacey-Marie said...

katie... i'll let your imagination do the work :D